Spay and neuter procedures from Animals ‘R’ Us and other clinics are one of the primary ways to help control the animal populations in the Boise area. There are also some distinct health benefits for dogs and cats if you opt to have your pets spayed or neutered. We offer these procedures to our clients in a safe, clean and humane manner at Animals ‘R’ Us.
Benefits of Spay and Neuter Procedures
It’s your decision as a pet owner whether to have your animals spayed or neutered. Here’s a look at the potential health benefits of spaying female cats and dogs:
- Eliminates the risk of uterine infections (pyometra)
- Prevents the risk of developing breast cancers
- Eliminates the risk of ovarian and uterine cancers
- Removes the stresses of hormonal fluctuations
- Prevents them from going into heat cycles
- Reduces or eliminates separation anxiety
Neutering male pets can create some similar benefits for them:
- Eliminates the risk of testicular cancer
- Reduces the chance of developing a prostate infection
- Reduces aggression levels of male cats & dogs
- Pets become less likely to roam outside the yard
The Spay and Neuter Procedures
Dogs and cats will receive a checkup prior to their spay or neuter procedure, to make sure they are in good health. This will include a blood test. If your pet has some type of health problem that could complicate the outcome of the operation, that may have to be resolved first.